Since 1995, SAI has been providing students with an exceptional cultural and educational experience abroad, offering the opportunity to enrol in some of the finest schools in Europe available to English speaking students. Courses at all SAI programs are taught in English as well as some courses available in the host language. Students receive a transcript from the host school. For those requiring it, U.S. university credit is also an option for undergraduate courses. Our programs are designed to allow students the opportunity to know their host city and country on a deep level; its history, culture, geography, food, art and people. SAI accepts students from all nations.
International students choose one of two program options:
The Tuition-Only Program includes tuition and fees plus health insurance for the duration of the term. These students locate their own accommodations.
The Full Service Program includes double room accommodation in student-shared apartments, student services and advising, weekly events and excursions and full coverage health insurance.
SAI is dedicated to providing academic and cultural learning experiences abroad that enhance global awareness, professional development and social responsibility. The organization concentrates its programs in Europe, with a focus on in-depth learning of individual European countries and their unique global role in the geopolitical economy, humanities, and in the arts. SAI Programs are intentionally interdisciplinary, leading to a wider knowledge and global understanding. SAI works deliberately to accomplish its work in a sustainable and responsible manner, with consideration to the environmental impact on global and local communities.
SAI has provided focused learning experiences in Europe since 1995. As a leading international education organization, SAI accomplishes its mission by providing high quality academics as well as a comprehensive and personalized approach to services from the first contact with each constituent. Through extensive pre-departure advising and superior on-site services and programming, SAI aims to enhance cultural understanding for every participant. Each program focuses on the historical, cultural, contemporary and natural factors that make its location unique while offering the structure, services and advising for students to create self-designed programs of study that meet their needs and objectives. Intentional in its size and focus, SAI fosters strong and mutually beneficial relationships with students attending SAI academic partner institutions worldwide. SAI ensures rewarding educational experiences through a combination of personalized services and high quality academics.
Goals & Objectives
Student Learning and Development Goals
Knowledge & Skills
- Students will gain knowledge related to their academic discipline or professional aspirations, in general and specifically in the context of their SAI Program location or an international perspective.
- Students will gain skills related to their academic discipline or professional aspirations.
- Students will be able to recognize the importance of studying in the particular location of their program.
Personal Development & Global Awareness
- Students will develop an awareness of their personal identities and how they relate to their identity within the global society.
- Students will gain an appreciation for cultures different from their own.
- Students will seek to engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with individuals from their host culture and/or from a culture different from their own.
- Students will gain a sense of personal and global responsibility.
- Students will gain an ability to view values and cultural practices from a global perspective.
- Students will gain an understanding of the interconnectedness of economic, political, ecological and social global systems, in particular in relation to its program countries.
- Students will gain an understanding of the global significance of each program’s city and country, within the area of the humanities, economy, politics, art, culture and/or design.
- Students will gain an understanding of how art and design act as drivers for social change, development and global awareness.
In order to attain its mission and student learning and development goals, SAI will:
- Develop curricular and co-curricular programming elements that support the mission and goals.
- Develop and maintain opportunities for intentional cultural and/or linguistic immersion.
- Develop and maintain programs that demonstrate an appreciation for sustainability and responsibility to the local and global community.
- Develop and maintain organized and ethical policies and procedures that promote successful experiences abroad for the greatest number of students.
- Provide superior student services, as recognized by affiliates and students.
- Support affiliate and participating schools worldwide by assisting them in:
- Promoting study abroad on their campuses;
- Addressing academic needs of their students;
- Responding to campus internationalization/globalization initiatives;
- Engaging faculty in collaborative efforts to broaden the global culture on campus.
Statement of Ethical Practices
SAI is committed to conducting its programs in an ethical manner in line with its mission. In accordance with best practices in the field of study abroad, SAI and its employees resolve to:
- Act in the financial and educational best interest of the students with which we work;
- Act with integrity while conducting affairs of the organization and in all situations where SAI is represented;
- Neither accept nor offer gifts, services or other favors with more than a nominal value on occasions which might infer that such actions were intended to influence decision-making or otherwise prejudice the ability of a party to complete his/her duties in an objective manner;
- Avoid any ethical, legal, or financial conflicts of interest that may compromise effectiveness in carrying out SAI’s mission;
- Disclose or rectify any conflicts of interest, and recuse ourselves from situations where this is not possible;
- Manage conflicts of interest via disclosure and/or disciplinary action as necessary;
- Uphold transparency and truthfulness in all communications, publications and marketing materials;
- Maintain regular and open communication with students as well as advisors, faculty and staff at the institutions with which we work;
- Ensure, to the extent possible, that financial scholarships and discounted fees are passed on to the students in order to encourage the greatest number of students possible to study abroad;
- Respect the policies and procedures on the university campuses with which SAI works;
- Adhere to the law and respect the cultural practices in the countries where SAI operates.